RReading Allowed provides individual and group Orton-Gillingham based instruction such as the Wilson Reading System® to students who struggle to read, write and spell and to those students with dyslexia.
Orton-Gillingham based instruction is a research based approach to literacy instruction. It is “a direct, explicit, multisensory, diagnostic, and sequential way to teach literacy when reading, writing and spelling do not come easily to individuals such as those with dyslexia.”
Reading Allowed tutors are professional educators who have been trained and certified in the Wilson Reading System® or other Orton-Gillingham methods.
We are committed to making this quality, structured literacy tutoring financially accessible. Please contact us for more information on how to get your student the help they need.
- Reading Allowed operates on a sliding scale based on household income to ensure that every student receives and can afford the reading support they deserve.
- Reading Allowed tutors are rigorously trained, closely-vetted professionals who are certified in the most effective methods of structured literacy practices based on scientific research.
- Reading Allowed administers initial and ongoing assessments to set goals and to monitor each student’s progress and works with students until their reading goals have been achieved.
- Reading Allowed students receive two to three sessions per week to ensure consistent, enduring progress.
- Reading Allowed’s caring, compassionate tutors prioritize each student’s emotional and academic well-being and work with caregivers, schools and other professionals to develop a team approach.
Subsidized Tutoring Fee Schedule:
45-60 minute sessions
|Combined Parental/Caregiver Income||Adjusted Fee/Session||Regular Fee/Session|
|$100,000 and over||$105||$105|
|$60,000 – $99,999||$65||$105|
|$59,999 and under||$10||$105|